WHAT TO BRING
- Your Camp Lost 2019 final invitation
- Sleeping tent
- Sleeping bag
- Airbed/camping mattress
- Clothes (for rainy days, daily activities, and parties)
- Flip flops
- Toothbrush & Toothpaste
- Shower gel
- Insurance Card
- Money (cash) for drinks
- Water bottle
WHAT NOT TO BRING
- Glass (Perfumes are allowed)
- Weapons of any kind
- Expensive equipment/Jewelry (Instruments are allowed, on your own risk)
- Friends/Family members
ABOUT CAMP LOST
In four years you will be a professional in the field of digital entertainment. Producing new concepts for television or developing new AAA-games and anything in between, you still have four years to decide which direction you want to go. Before you enter these intense four years, we want to give you an unique opportunity to meet your fellow students at the introduction festival Camp Lost, exclusively for new ADE students.
For four days and three nights, you will have your first taste of what it is like to be a student in Breda. You will meet new people, do fun group activities and experience the Breda nightlife. Together with all the other freshmen of the Academy of Digital Entertainment you will sleep in tents and participate in the many activities that Camp Lost offers. During these days you will find out that everything you stumble upon is the work of ADE students, and you might be capable of doing these things in a few years’ time as well.
FOR THE PARENTS
University of Applied Sciences – a huge adjustment in the life of an adolescent, but also in the life of the parents. A new school, a new city, a new house. All very exciting for your child, but might be hard for parents. All these changes begin with the introduction festival of a new study. Leaving your child with hundreds of other adolescents in the hands of an unknown organisation can be a little difficult and we totally understand this.
Breda University of Applied Sciences and the organisation of Camp Lost 2019 wants to ensure you that your child is in good hands. With constant surveillance and medics on the terrain, we create a low-risk environment for your child’s health, safety and your peace of mind. If your child decides to join Camp Lost, you and your child will be provided with contact information so you can always keep in touch with the organization. If you have any questions now, visit our FAQ section or contact us via the CONTACT section.
TIME OF ARRIVAL
You, the freshmen, are expected at Camp Lost – Jeugdland, 4851 AT, Breda – on the 27th of August, the time is yet to be announced (TBA).
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do you have questions regarding Camp Lost 2018? Some of your questions might have already been answered below. Please read the FAQ before contacting us via the contact page.
1. WHAT IS CAMP LOST?
Camp Lost is the introduction camp for the first year students of Creative Business (IMEM) AND International Game and Architecture and Design (IGAD) at Breda University of Applied Sciences. Camp Lost is organized for the new students every year. This year 3rd-year IMEM students are organizing Camp Lost ‘19 in association with Breda University of Applied Sciences and Stichting Cultief.
2. CAN I JOIN CAMP LOST?
All the upcoming students of the Breda University – Academy for Digital Entertainment may join Camp Lost.
3. WHEN AND WHERE WILL CAMP LOST TAKE PLACE THIS YEAR?
Camp Lost 2019 will take place from August 27th until August 30th at Jeugdland, Ulvenhout. This is the last week before the study year 2019/20 begins. The exact address of the camp is Jeugdland 1, 4851 AT Ulvenhout.
4. HOW DO I TRAVEL TO THE CAMP?
Ways to travel to the camp is either by bike, public transportation, or car. For public transport information, go to 9292.nl. If you are using navigation you may use the following address: Jeugdland 1, 4851 AT Ulvenhout. NOTE TO ALL INTERNATIONALS: busses will be provided from Breda station to the camp area.
5. UNTIL WHEN CAN I SIGN UP?
The deadline to sign up for Camp Lost 2019 is yet to be announced.
6. CAN I SPONSOR CAMP LOST?
For information about sponsoring, please contact our Marketing Team via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. WHAT ARE THE ALCOHOL/DRUG-POLICIES OF CAMP LOST?
In the Netherlands, it is strictly forbidden to serve any alcoholic drinks to people under the age of 18. This rule also counts at Camp Lost! It is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the outside areas at Camp Lost – if you are over the age of 18!
Other drugs, such as weed, etc., are strictly forbidden during Camp Lost – no matter what age! For more information check the Terms & Agreements.
8. WHEN IS THE OPEN PARTY & WHERE CAN I BUY TICKETS?
The open party of Camp Lost 2019 – the party where all Creative Business (IMEM) and IGAD students are welcome – the date is yet to be announced. You can buy a tickets via more.buas.nl for €8.50 (when available) or for €10.00 at the door.
Note: You do NOT have to buy a ticket if you are a freshman!
9. WHAT, WHERE AND WHEN DO I NEED TO PAY FOR CAMP LOST?
The costs for Camp Lost are €135,-. This includes breakfast, lunch and dinner. Pleas visit the Sign-up page to sign up, a payment link will be provided. If you have more questions, feel free to contact us, via the contact page.
10. WHERE DO I SLEEP?
You will spend three nights at the camp in Jeugdland, Ulvenhout. You are required to bring your own tent, sleeping bag, and other camping gear that you need.
11. WHAT IF I DON’T HAVE A TENT?
If you don’t have a tent, we can help you. Sports store Decathlon will have packages available.
If you are interested in one of these packages, go to this page to found out more about it!
12. WHAT IF I HAVE A DISABILITY?
Please contact us via the contact page, so we can make this event as pleasant as possible for you.
13. I’M NOT YET ACCEPTED FOR THE STUDY. CAN I ALREADY SIGN UP?
Camp Lost is only for future ADE students. If you are not yet accepted to one of the programs, we advise you to not sign up for Camp Lost yet, in order to make it easier for you and the organizational team, as refunds are not possible. Once you are accepted to one of the programs, do not hesitate to sign up!
14. CAN I BRING A FRIEND?
You can only bring a friend to the Open Party of Camp Lost if he/she is studying at the (BUas) Academy for Digital Entertainment. During the other days of Camp Lost, you may not bring a friend he/she is not a freshman to the Academy for Digital Entertainment.
15. IS THERE AN ATM AT CAMP LOST?
No, there is no ATM at the campsite, however, the cafeteria at Jeugland does allow debit card withdrawals in small amounts. We highly recommend bringing cash.
16. WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING/WHAT CAN I NOT BRING TO CAMP LOST?
There are some important things you need to bring to Camp Lost, such as:
– Camp Lost invitation
– ID Card / Passport
– Bank pass / Credit card
– Health Insurance card
– Mobile phone incl. charger
– Cash money (approx. €100,- recommended)
– Required medicines
There are some things you simply can’t bring to Camp Lost, including:
– Booze, drugs or weapons
– Laptops or tablets (bring at your own risk)
You can also check our complete checklist on the website.
TERMS AND AGREEMENTS CAMP LOST
- At the start of the new academic year, the Academy of Digital Entertainment offers the new students a 4-day event. The Academy of Digital Entertainment Festival ‘Camp Lost’.
- The following terms and conditions apply to all those who are participating in any way, in Camp Lost. Participating means that you agree with the following terms and conditions.
- All the upcoming students of the Academy for Digital Entertainment may join Camp Lost.
- The costs for Camp Lost are €135,-. Without payment, it is not allowed to participate.
- After subscribing it is not possible to get a refund.
- When you enter the festival site as a participant, you declare that you agree to these house rules. When you enter you will strictly follow instructions given by the organization.
- To gain access to the festival site, the participant must be in possession of a valid identity card (passport, identity card or driving license), which must be shown on request.
- To gain access to the festival site, the participant must be in possession of a valid registration form, which must be shown on request.
- The participant is prohibited from behaving in such a way that the order at the Event is disrupted.
- The regulations have been drawn up to ensure order and safety at the festival. In case of non-compliance with the house rules, the Camp Lost organization is entitled to deny the participant access to the site. The Camp Lost organization can report to the police in case of non-compliance with the terms of agreement or failure to follow instructions from the Camp Lost organization, employees or other competent authorities. When the participant is denied access to the site, the Camp Lost organization is never obliged to grant a refund of (possible) entrance- or other fees.
- The same rules of conduct apply to Camp Lost as in the rest of the Netherlands; violence, discrimination, intimidation, and vandalism will not be tolerated. Any damage will be recovered from the perpetrator and the police will be called in.
- Misbehavior on and around the festival grounds or during the participation in the city program can immediately lead to the termination of participation in the festival.
- The participant is required to follow the program offered by the organization of Camp Lost.
- The participant will strictly follow the instructions of the employees of the Camp Lost organization and employees of the police, fire brigade, GGD or other competent authorities.
- It is prohibited to sell goods on or around the festival grounds without explicit written permission from the Camp Lost organization. Security has the right to search participants. If the participant refuses to cooperate, access will be denied.
- The Camp Lost organization has the right to deny access to anyone to the festival at any time.
- Safety always comes first during all of our activities, during the introduction days. Instructions of the Camp Lost Organization always need to be followed. The Camp Lost Organization will ensure that the emergency plan is well communicated with all the staff.
- Subscription after the 16th of July will not guarantee the shirt size ordered.
- For all cases and/or situations in which these regulations do not provide, the Camp Lost organization reserves the right to make additional rules, verbally and/or in writing, to which the participants are bound.
FOOD AND BEVERAGES
- Consumptions must be paid with consumption tokens from Camp Lost.
- Purchased tokens cannot be returned and will not be exchanged for money.
- During the period of the festival, the Camp Lost organization will provide the participants with meals; lunch, dinner, and breakfast.
- Keep the terrain neat and clean. Throw waste into the appropriate bins.
- Toilet facilities are available on site. These are accessible free of charge unless otherwise stated. The participant is obliged to use these facilities. Making the need at other places than in the toilet facilities is strictly forbidden.
- Entering the site and visiting the festival site is entirely at participants own risk.
- The Camp Lost organization is not liable for damage to, loss, or theft of possessions.
- The Camp Lost organization and its employees are not in any way liable for any damage that has occurred in any form whatsoever.
DECLARATION OF LEAVE
- It is not allowed to leave Camp Lost without permission. It is not allowed to leave the premises without permission, sleep at a different location or exclude themselves from the participation of the city day.
- If it occurs that a student needs to leave the premises, a declaration of leave needs to be filled in and signed by both parties. If a participant chooses not to respect these rules, the participant will be removed from Camp Lost.
- At their return, the form will be destroyed and will be of no further use.
LOSS OR DAMAGES
- By a participant inflicted damage to rented resources, the building or personal possessions from others will have to be charged to the participant
- Participants enter and attend the event at their own risk. BUas is not responsible for any form of physical or mental injury because of attending Camp Lost
- BUas and/or the Camp Lost organization is not liable for any damage to property and/or property of participants
- BUas and/or the Camp Lost organization is not liable for lost or stolen property of participants
- Open fires are strictly forbidden on the festival grounds
- It is forbidden to take any property of the Camp Lost organization. The removal of property from the Camp Lost organization is as considered theft
- In case of destruction of property belonging to the Camp Lost organization or third parties on or around the Terrain, the police will be reported.
PHOTOGRAPHY AND FILM
- When you enter the ADE introduction festival Camp Lost event or program, you enter an area where photography, audio, and video recording will occur.
- By entering the event premises, you consent to interview(s), photography, audio recording, video recording and its/their release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used for news, webcasts, promotional purposes, telecasts, advertising, inclusion on websites, social media, or any other purpose by Camp Lost and its affiliates and representatives.
- Images, photos and/or videos may be used to promote similar Camp Lost events in the future, highlight the event. You release Camp Lost, its officers, and employees, and each and all persons involved from any liability connected with the taking, recording, digitizing, or publication and use of interviews, photographs, computer images, video and/or sound recordings.
- By entering the event premises, you waive all rights you may have to any claims for payment or royalties in connection with any use, exhibition, streaming, webcasting, televising, or other publication of these materials, regardless of the purpose or sponsoring of such use, exhibiting, broadcasting, webcasting, or other publication irrespective of whether a fee for admission or sponsorship is charged.
- You also waive any right to inspect or approve any photo, video, or audio recording taken by Camp Lost or the person or entity designated to do so by Camp Lost. You have been fully informed of your consent, waiver of liability, and release before entering the event.
- Professional (press) photographers and/or people who want to make photo or film recordings of the event out of commercial motives, must be in possession of valid accreditation from the Camp Lost organization.
DRUGS AND ALCOHOL
- Owning, using, or trading soft drugs, hard drugs, or smart drugs is prohibited. (This includes drugs like – nitrous oxide (laughing gas) ).
- Bringing along alcoholic beverages is not permitted. This will be checked by the Camp Lost organization, volunteers or security assigned to this task.
- Smoking is only allowed at the outside areas. It is not allowed for participants younger than the age of 18 to buy, receive, or consume alcohol. Also, the passing of liquor to minors is not allowed.
- Smoking is prohibited in all indoor locations / covered locations on the festival site.
- Throwing with food, drinks or throwing other items is forbidden.
- Bar staff may refuse to serve alcohol at their discretion.
- It is not permitted for the participant, who has not yet reached the age of 18, to buy alcoholic beverages, to carry, drink and/or try to obtain alcoholic beverages. The Camp Lost organization has the right to remove the participant who acts in violation of this article from the festival site without the Camp Lost organization being obliged to refund the entrance fee.
- The participant, irrespective of his or her age, is not allowed to provide alcoholic drinks (with or without payment) to someone who has not yet reached the age of 18 years. The Camp Lost organization has the right to remove the participant who acts in violation of this article from the festival site without the Camp Lost organization being obliged to refund the entrance fee.
- All participants will receive a Camp Lost t-shirt at the beginning of the festival and is obligated to wear it during the daily events of the festival. During the party evenings at the location Jeugdland, the participant does not have to wear the Camp Lost t-shirt. During the city day and party on the third day, it is obligated.
- It is not allowed to wear clothing representing a sorority, fraternity or student association, whom is not contributing to Camp Lost and has not signed the contract.
- It is not allowed to wear clothing representing a bar, whom is not contributing to the current edition of Camp Lost.
- Appropriate clothing has to be worn.
WHY DO WE NEED THE INFORMATION WE ASK
Diet preferences: To take into account your preferences and wishes concerning the food & beverages we provide.
Purposes and legal bases for processing:
- To confirm your participation
- To confirm you’re a student of the NHTV
- To send you information of Camp Lost
- To provide you proper food and beverages
- To contact third parties in case of emergency
Consequences of not providing personal data
If you decide not to provide the information which is asked in the form, the organization of Camp Lost cannot guarantee to provide you with the correct information, food & beverages, clothing, form groups, or inform third parties when needed.
Duration of storage of the provided information to the organization of Camp Lost
The information you have provided to the organization of Camp Lost will be kept safe in a database of the Camp Lost organization. The information will be shared with:
- The organization of Camp Lost has full access to the data.
- The volunteers of Camp Lost will only have access to their own group member names, phonenumber, and education information. Which consist of IGAD or IMEM. For guiding and helping the participants in the group.
- Facility volunteers will only have access to diet wishes for distributing food & beverages.
- 4 months after the event the personal data of the participants, which is provided via the website of Camp Lost to the Camp Lost organization will be deleted.
- Until then, the information is needed for the aftercare of the event.
Insight personal data
The participant has the right to inspect, rectify or delete the personal data.
Please contact the Camp Lost organization if this is desirable